What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Custom Throttle Cable from Aircraft Spruce.

Caummisar

Well Known Member
I went off plans and found that the stock Vans throttle cable was short by about 4 inches. I ordered a custom VANS A-1760 CUST. CONTROL CABLE Part #: @352939 from Aircraft Spruce on 1/30/2017 and through the invoice I was instructed to call 1 800 861-3192 if I had not received the cable 14 days after 2/28/2017. I called last week and was told by the CRS they would check and get back to me. Its close to two months, and over a week since I called per the instructions, but I have not heard back from ACS. Usually their service is fast and accurate. Anyone else have problems with delayed delivery of a custom throttle cable from ACS?

Cable

In case you are not aware the cables and many other items are manufactured by ACS Products in Lake Havasu City AZ I THINK they do the custom cables in regular production runs along with the standard length cables. If I was home I would drive over there and check on it for you but I will not be home for another 10 days.
If you still do not have it in two weeks PM me and I will check on it.

I had the exact same scenario with my custom length cables. Took 3 phones calls and total of 4 weeks between order and arrival, but I did get them.

Custom Vans Spec Throttle Cable

I have a new 60" Custom Vans Spec Throttle Cable made by the Havasu shop if you're interested. It has the vernier adjustment knob assembly. You can call me at 70two 278 zero2seven3...

Last edited:
DELIVERED TODAY!

I went off plans and found that the stock Vans throttle cable was short by about 4 inches. I ordered a custom VANS A-1760 CUST. CONTROL CABLE Part #: @352939 from Aircraft Spruce on 1/30/2017 and through the invoice I was instructed to call 1 800 861-3192 if I had not received the cable 14 days after 2/28/2017. I called last week and was told by the CRS they would check and get back to me. Its close to two months, and over a week since I called per the instructions, but I have not heard back from ACS. Usually their service is fast and accurate. Anyone else have problems with delayed delivery of a custom throttle cable from ACS?

Well wouldn't ya know it, it showed up today.

Back