What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Builders - Southcoast/South Shore MA?

Jtowey

hi,

With my youngest getting ready to head to college, hoping to have some time to start building an RV.

I was wondering if there were any folks in the MA area that would be willing to let me sit in a cockpit of a RV9 or RV7 and possible demo flight. I've only ever flown in a -12 once, but would love to get a feel for the differences between the -7 and -9.

My mission probably better suited to a -9/A but the aero ability of the -7/A sure is attractive.

I will keep trawling the site, and learning all I can till I pull the trigger.

Thanks

9/9a

Building a 9. Feel free to contact me and come visit. (Almost ready to bring to the airport) The 9 fuse is the same as the 7 size wise. Most 7 builders use the 0360 vs 0320 for the 9. Budget wise, your more apt to find a core or timed out 0320 to rebuild. If your planning on buying a new engine it's not an issue. Fixed prop? Also a budget concideration.

I've flown in both and like the slower landing speeds of the 9. It's also a very economical cruiser flying high, leaned back with the 0320. A famous Russian could attest to that.

CJ at PYM will hook you up. We have a great group here in the NE. Lots of fun and lots of knowledge and info.

Back