What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing heated Cessna pitot tube

dave4754

Well Known Member
Hello All: Looked for info on this and could not find. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions on how to install the heated Cessna pitot tube I have? I got it off Ebay and thought it would be great but can't seem to figure a safe and reliable way to mount. Correct airflow would be important I am sure so it would have to sit at the Wing spar no?:confused:

Gretz Aero

They offer a mounting plate and mast that is straightforward to install. Backup plate has a joggle in it that allows attachment to the spar flange. If I recall, one side butts against a rib as well. Another one of those "20 minute" jobs. I used cherry max rivets around the other two sides. Mount is very strong and stable.
www.gretzaero.com

Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

FWIW, I mounted my old Mooney pitot tube on the inspection cover just inboard of the standard pitot location. Just used a doubler on one half of the cover - quite stiff and as accurate as the stock Vans piece. Did the same thing on the Rocket with the Dynon AOA pitot as well.

Awsome --- thanks!

Thanks a lot guys, was wasting way too much time pondering this one. Will order the Gretz mount kit right away.

QB fuse arrives Friday so have to get the wings complete !!!!

Back