What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Price Reduction for 912 ULS?

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Noticed that Rans Aircraft has announced a price reduction of $600 on their new (12 ULS engines. This is due to the increased value of the American Dollar!!! Wonder if Van's can follow suit? 6/10 aircraft units price reduction would be nice. Van's???

Van's has adjusted the selling price of the Rotax engine in the past, based on what the wholesale cost to Van's was for any particular batch.
Having said that, I have no connection with engine purchases, so I do not know if there is a cost reduction coming. Just saying that they have happened in the past.

Good to hear something might be going down in price, lately it feels like everything is going up.

Being based in the uk I'm currently looking at over $5000 increase in (remaining) kit costs just because of the value of the pound after brexit (Glad I got three of the kits in before it, pity they were the cheapest ones).

Looks like I'll be needing to sell a kidney if I'm ever to finish it at the current rate :rolleyes:

If costs keep going up I might need to put it on hold for a while after the next kit is finished :(

Back