What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adding Tach Time to Skyview EMS

Top Cat

Well Known Member
I was wondering how to add Tach Time to be displayed on Skyview EMS screen. I can find where Tach Time is recorded but I was trying to find out how to display it below Hobbs Time on the EMS.

Looking at the Installation manual (I'm not near the hangar) I'm thinking:-

SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SCREEN LAYOUT EDITOR> 100% and select sensor then ACCEPT.

not sure if the Tach Time is an option on the sensor list here? If it is then I presume you can toggle it to where you want and maybe select the size?

Thanks for any pointers!

Last edited:
The way you described should allow you to do it, but the reason tach time is not pre-configured is Rotax specifies that all maint. be done relative to Hobbs time.

Since people don't usually want to use tach. time for there flight time log, that makes having it always displayed, just wasting prime display space.

Scott,

Thanks, that makes sense. The reason I was looking at it was because when my mechanic does work on the plane he likes to record Hobbs/Tach and can't find it on the screen. I know where it is but there are a few steps and he's not familiar with Skyview.

I thought it might be easier for him but maybe I'll just remember to show him, or I'll add it at condition time and remove it after.

Thanks again.

I actually made mine small and tucked it inside the tach arc. Out of the way but still useable. Still, don't use it much ...

Scott,

Thanks, that makes sense. The reason I was looking at it was because when my mechanic does work on the plane he likes to record Hobbs/Tach and can't find it on the screen. I know where it is but there are a few steps and he's not familiar with Skyview.

I thought it might be easier for him but maybe I'll just remember to show him, or I'll add it at condition time and remove it after.

Thanks again.

Interesting
If he is a Rotax trained/certified mechanic he shouldn't care what the tach time is.

Last edited:
Interesting
If he is a Rotax trained/certified mechanic he should care what the tach time is.

Scott,

He does care it's just that I usually have to get the TT as he's not that familiar with SkyView. if I can display it it would be helpful.

Back