What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hitching a Ride In Hawaii

Geico266

Well Known Member
I've flown in all 49 states in RV's and would really like to finish off my quest of doing a T&Gs in all 50 states by catching a ride in an RV on Maui rather than renting a 172. Please PM if you know of anyone that could help or if you have contact info, etc. I would certainly return the favor if you would like to see corn fields in NE! ;)

I will certainly pay for all fuel, lunch, and what ever! :D

49 states down, 1 to go. Hopefully, all in RVs! :D

Mahalo

Last edited:
This one seems to come up from time to time with no responses from the island dwellers. If a guy moved over and had an LOA for transition training, I suspect a guy to keep a pretty busy schedule.

This one seems to come up from time to time with no responses from the island dwellers. If a guy moved over and had an LOA for transition training, I suspect a guy to keep a pretty busy schedule.

I cant say as I blame them. I'm sure they get requests all the time. I would certainly return the favor if they want to see Nebraska from the air! :rolleyes:

Maybe, we can swap favors AND I CAN PUT THEM UP AT KOSH for a few days free in exchange?? :D

I am hoping the aloha sprit will fill them with generosity (pity) for this deserving (desperate) RV mainlander.

Mahalo

Last edited:
It would be nice to hear from some RVer's in Hawaii. I've wanted to set up shop in Kalaeloa since I was there in 2006. Cant beat the weather. Maybe one day.
Tom

I do not know of any RVers in that area, however, renting a 172 is not all that bad. Many years ago I rented a 172 out of Kahului and flew my wife and two (young at the time daughters) around Maui, over the middle of Molokai and along the shores of Lanai and back to Kahului. A great trip that I would recommend to any visiting pilot.

Back