What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Atlanta area residential airparks

RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Hey Guys,
About 6 months ago I made a post about Houston area residential airparks. Now I'm about 99% sure I'm moving up to the Atlanta area. I'm shopping for a lot at a residential airpark that I can build a house in about 3 yrs. I have looked at Mallard's Landing and Lyon's Landing. Both are awesome. Are there any others in the area (within a 60 nm radius of ATL) that I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Jerry

Atlanta area flying communities

Southern Crescent

Peach State Aerodrome -www.peachstateaero.com
Cedar Ridge
Flying N Ranch
Brookbridge Aerodrome
Abernathy
Many others! :)

Whispering Pines Airpark

2600' paved runway... One of the guys I work with lives over there - nice place.

There is a 6 acre lot available with taxiway access... The min lot size is 3 acres, so you could buy all of it and then sell off the back half.

Really I'd prefer it to stay empty until I can afford it though :D

Spruce Creek Fly-In

Nested in Northeast Florida, a few miles south of Daytona Beach and NASCAR's epicenter, the Daytona International Speedway, lies one of the most unique residential communities in the world.

The Spruce Creek Fly-in Community is the world's most famous residential airpark. With a 4,000 ft lighted runway and a GPS approach, the private airport at the center of the community can accommodate anything from a Stearman to a Gulfstream.

Originally a navy airfield during WWII, it evolved into the world's largest residential fly-in community. Today, almost 5,000 residents, 1,300 homes and 700 hangars share a unique life in this private gated village with immaculately groomed homes and common grounds. The first thing a visitor sees after driving through the security gates is a sign that summarizes the spirit of this community: ?CAUTION Children and Adults at Play?. Truly a piece of pilot's heaven.

A championship golf course and Country Club and 24-hr patrolled security complements the safety, privacy and enjoyment of the residents. Frequent community-wide events and social clubs for most any interest from flying to book reading and gardening ensure a tightly knit and friendly community hard to duplicate anywhere. John Travolta and many other celebrities have enjoyed the Spruce Creek Fly-In lifestyle and privacy. Current home prices vary from a $165,000 condo to several million dollar hangar mansions.

Please keep in mind that any visits are by invitation only, as the community is not open to the public. If you are interested in Spruce Creek Real Estate, contact the folks at Karlhaus Realty for an invitation and they will happily schedule a guided tour: Spruce Creek Real Estate.

Kennedy Intranational Airport, 2GAO

Beautiful AirparK about 45 minutes out of Atlanta. I have flown there numerous times to visit family who live at the N.E. end of runway.
GerryC
Repeat Builder
RV-12, N6GC
Cub, NC88583

Back