What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any A/P's with RV knowledge around Boston MA?

Westerhuis

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone knew of a friendly and skilled A/P preferably with RV experience in the Boston (MA) area. I hope to take delivery of an RV8 soon and it would be good to get to know someone who can help with some minor work to start me off (engine heater, new tyres, heated pitot) and help with other jobs in the future.

Ideally someone who is happy to supervise my work (there is a lot to learn.)

The RV8 will be based at Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWM)

On a different note, would be good to get to know a few other RV fliers in the area too.

Thanks

Roger

We have a pretty good group of pilots down here on the south side. I am based at Plymouth, MA.

Shoot me a message and say hello.

:) CJ

Roger, My name is Mitch Buckley and I am based down at KPYM (Plymouth) I work at Alpha One flight Services, and would be glad to help out, I have a fairly long list of RV experience from helping with a couple of completions to some major rework as well. A few guys from the new England area can vouch for me, Captain John is one of them. Let me know if I can help in any way!

I was going to say you need to get a hold of Captain John but I see he already introduced himself.

You will just need to take everything he says with block of salt! ;)

Mitch is the man Roger. Captain John learns from him :D

BAA755AB-E76F-401D-8D7F-939FB7DB4F06.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Welcome to Beantown Roger,

I built and own the RV-8 behind the picture of the Jeep. Happy to share my knowledge and experience. Drop by KPYM when you get situated.

As noted, on a scale of 1 to 10, Mitch is an 11.
Best,
MD

HI all,

I'm based at Beverly and it's nice to find RV-capable A&P's around. Thanks to Rogier for posting the question and to you all for replying.

A&P's with time to work on the plane is are hard to find

A&P's with time to work on the plane AND RV knowledge are very hard to find.

NH Based

I'm in KCON, retired from a day to day regular job, but would be glad to work with any RV owners in the area who need A&P help. PM me anytime.

Steve

Hi Roger. Just noticed you are based at KLWM. There are several RV pilots on the field. I know one of them has an RV8 and he is a member of EAA 106. The RV8 is in a private hangar on the south ramp. EAA 106 has two hangars on the north ramp. Please feel free to come on by for a visit. BTW, I do know one A&P who regularly services RV's. He operates "Stick and Rudder" at KCQX, down in Cape Cod. That's probably not as convenient for you as Plymouth, but good to keep in mind.

Bob Cronin at Aviation Associates at KMHT
Built and flies an RV4
maintains my RV10

Alan
N668G

Back