What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lighting up the Panel

Peterk

Well Known Member
So I am assuming that you can't "light up" your panel (test the intercom, trim etc) until you have installed the back-ordered Rotax Harness that I assume Stein is doing since he has done all the rest. I have hooked up everything else and get nothing. I guess that D-sub where it says "firewall foward" complete a circuit somehow within the magic board. Does anyone (Stein?) have any idea when that harness will be ready and shipped? I haven't seen it discussed yet

I talked to Stein and Vans about this they said it would ship next week.

Brad Stiefvater

lighting up the panel

So I am assuming that you can't "light up" your panel (test the intercom, trim etc) until you have installed the back-ordered Rotax Harness that I assume Stein is doing since he has done all the rest. I have hooked up everything else and get nothing. I guess that D-sub where it says "firewall foward" complete a circuit somehow within the magic board. Does anyone (Stein?) have any idea when that harness will be ready and shipped? I haven't seen it discussed yet

I installed my back up battery and when I turned the box over, the Dynon ws running just fine all by itself on the bench. It works great in the panel too. It just does not have any engine instrument inputs so it gives 8 alarms for various out of limits engine conditions. Really cool.

Dynon

I agree Jim, way cool. It also shows your OAT which means that's working too. Also I believe the OAT is wired to the remote compass so maybe thats working too! The Dynon manual does say the lithium battery you installed only has a 3 hour life for now so don't get too mezmerized...hahaha

Back