What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jim Cone's completed fuselage pictures 2-28-09

Sorry for the delay, but I finally got around to downloading the pictures of my completed fuselage. I did not take a picture of the firewall with all of the rivets sealed. It looks so ugly with all of those smears of proseal, but at least it is air tight. Go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/JimCone1941/RV12Construction22809#

and then they go and change the center panel on us...i got mine the day i after i screwed the entire painted panel on....too funny

What was the change to the center panel?

They sent a new one with a smaller hole for the GPS/gizmo...said the first one was too large and left too much of a gap around everything. I don't know where in the fuselage shipping they started changing over. Mine was one of the first so maybe they were just catching up.

Jim Cone's Interior

Sorry for the delay, but I finally got around to downloading the pictures of my completed fuselage. I did not take a picture of the firewall with all of the rivets sealed. It looks so ugly with all of those smears of proseal, but at least it is air tight. Go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/JimCone1941/RV12Construction22809#

I'm glad you mentioned painting the screws and rivets, Jim. I never would have thought of that.
Meade:)

Re: Jim's pictures

Boy, the fuselage looks like fun. I can hardly wait. I appreciated seeing the fuel lines and fittings. Couple of questions: That looks like a drain sump on the firewall, is there another drain back at the tank? Is there an electric booster pump in the fuel system?
I am about 50% completed on the empennage and just ordered the Wing Kit. Will probably start the fuse this summer.

Tony

Boy, the fuselage looks like fun. I can hardly wait. I appreciated seeing the fuel lines and fittings. Couple of questions: That looks like a drain sump on the firewall, is there another drain back at the tank? Is there an electric booster pump in the fuel system?
I am about 50% completed on the empennage and just ordered the Wing Kit. Will probably start the fuse this summer.

Tony

I don't see any provisions for a fuel tank drain. There is a fuel pump that runs all the time in the center section of the baggage compartment. If you noticed the fuse that was taped to the instrument panel on some of the early pictures, that fuse is what is used to activate the pump. There is no switch for it.

Back