What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE:Software Problem TurboCad LE

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:Software Problem TurboCad LE

I am once agian trying to get a handle on drawing up some electrical diagrams for my RV7A. Old computer died with all my original drawings (waiting for an external enclosure to recapture files from the old computer) so I am now trying to use the new computer to draw these electrical diagrams.

I have tried all the free software types with each giving some good results and some headaches.....(TurboCad LE.....ExpressPCB....AutoCad) on the old computer.

So now the question??? I have downloaded TurboCad LE and tied to use it but my computer says my reader (Brava) doesn't recognize this software and thus will not allow me to proceed??? So what to do? Do I need another type of reader?and if so which one?........Technically challenged old man needs help!!!!!
Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... paint on old waiting for warmer weather!!!!

Use a different TurboCAD version

This is what I found out about Turbocad LE (learning edition) on the net...

TurboCAD LE 2D (Learning Edition) is largely based on TurboCAD v4 and been around for a long, long time. TurboCAD LE runs best on early versions of Windows. You will find it to run unreliably on Windows XP, and it will NOT run properly, if at all, on Vista. TurboCAD LE is NOT supported to any extent by IMSI/Design.
from http://www.al-ki.com/tcad/download.php

So if your new computer has Vista, which I believe all new windows is now, then you'll need to use another software or you can buy an inexpensive TurboCAD version such as TurboCAD Designer, as mentioned on the web page, that will work with Vista. Vista doesn't play well with everybody yet. This is just net research. I use AutoCAD 2007 all day long at work and have no experience with TurboCAD.

RE:Vista....ouch

Carlos

Thanks for the info...Didin't even think of the Vista angle. I do have Vista and I am sure that is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank @1L8 ...RV7A...

Spring for the $20...

Carlos

Thanks for the info...Didin't even think of the Vista angle. I do have Vista and I am sure that is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank @1L8 ...RV7A...

...or so and get a "normal" (and legal) deluxe version on e-bay.

My v11 works OK under Vista... It doesn't close out well, but opens and operates just like it did under XP. You will then have full functionality.

PS - Do you want a TurboCAD symbol library that works better than an AutoCAD translated one from AeroElectric?
-- please send regular e-mail, and accept a delay for 2 weeks while I'm in England...:)

Last edited:
I migrated my architectural office of 12 to BricsCAD from AutoCAD and we've never looked back, highly recommended. We also use SketchUp daily for modeling and love it.

Back