What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great mirrors!

Veetail88

Well Known Member
Scored these on e-bay for $20 a piece! Probably cost some government $1,000 or more each...

I'm wondering if anyone can ID them. It would be fun to know exactly what they were fore. I got them new old stock, similar to others some of you have come by before, but these seem a bit smaller. They are 8" long, but only about 1.125" wide. Extremely nice quality, they are convex so there will be no excuse for my not seeing the bandit on my 6! Of if the GIB is turning green.
Also not sure they're glass. Seem like polished chrome. They fit the curve of the roll bar on the 8 perfectly.

29dhegl.jpg

Mirrors

Hi Jesse ? if you can tell me how to find these on Amazon please do so ? I'd like to get some. Thanks, Bill.

Bill,

It was e-bay. I've been watching there for 2 years for these to pop up and the guy only had 2. I'd suggest making a regular search there if you want to find some. At $20, I'd have bought them all if he had more! Ha! could have sold them here for $70!

Bill,

It was e-bay. I've been watching there for 2 years for these to pop up and the guy only had 2. I'd suggest making a regular search there if you want to find some. At $20, I'd have bought them all if he had more! Ha! could have sold them here for $70!

Got mine on ebay too! (4 years ago) And you got a great deal Jesse! I think I paid $100 for the pair and I thought I did good since they were new in the box.

Thanks Jesse. I may have had a pair. The mirror fell out of one frame and shattered. Do yours have a slotted clamp on back for the roll bar?

Thanks Jesse. I may have had a pair. The mirror fell out of one frame and shattered. Do yours have a slotted clamp on back for the roll bar?

Bill, These are built like a brick house. Don't think anything's going to just fall out.

No slots, there are tabs on the back for mounting. I'll finish the install tonight and post pics.

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the mounting. From the pilot's seat perspective, they barely protrude out of the blind spot caused by the roll bar.

55mdzc.jpg

aoqpkw.jpg

Jesse,

One mod you may want to do on your install is anti-vibration.

I added a series of rubber grommets/rubber washers to the mounting bolt & nut.

When I flew the right side seemed to be still, while the left side would always vibrate enough to aggravate me :mad:

I do have a very good prop balance so I did what I could there, but still couldn't get rid of everything.

Back