What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brain Blank

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
As I finish up this project, I am clearing off shelves of remaining parts. Generally I can exclaim "Oh I know where that should go" and proceed. Too often however I draw a blank stare at the parts, this is an example. Where the heck do these things go?
2q091rn.jpg
[/IMG]

OK, things are not working quite right up there yet. This has me stumped, we are supposed to dimple the rivets holding the reinforcement to the bracket, all well and good.
However I can't see any reason for the CS rivets in the directions the plans say. If I cannot see the reason, then I question what am I missing!
2mx1gdv.jpg
[/IMG]

It's been awhile since I did this part. However, I believe it was CS this way because the nose gear's lower pant mounting bracket rests on top of the nose gear fork -- thus the need for a smooth / CS mating surface.

By golly you are 100% correct! Thanks for looking ahead for me, now I know WHY I am doing that.
QUOTE=DHeal;1073149]It's been awhile since I did this part. However, I believe it was CS this way because the nose gear's lower pant mounting bracket rests on top of the nose gear fork -- thus the need for a smooth / CS mating surface.[/QUOTE]

Back