What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternative Voltage Reg.

John Deere part number AM101406 will work, although the spacing and arrangement of the contacts is different and will have to be changed. It can be purchased at a John Deere dealer, or on eBay for as little as $45. The ones on eBay are not all equal and could be manufactured by various companies. Regulators should be kept cool. Heat is the enemy of electronics.
Joe Gores

Mine blew last summer. It is perfectly cooled but it gets really hot.

It is a standard Ducati motorcycle regulator and is not made by Rotax.
I ordered it at a local motor cycle shop, but it is not cheap.
I paid about 120 dollar and works fine gor the last 100 hours

Joe would this be the correct one?
image_zps91ed0a59.jpg

Here is the Amazon link.
http://www.amazon.com/Regulator-Rectifier-Deere-Mower-AM101406/dp/B008HTBHUI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0GCK43HA363BQMWRXMW2

Joe give us the wiring setup.;)

John,
Yes, that one should work. Keep in mind that it will NOT be plug and play. The mounting screw slots might not line up. And the electrical connector will not plug in. The female sta-kon terminals will have to be removed from the plastic housing which can not be used because the spacing is different. The large yellow wires from the dynamo will connect to the AC terminals. The large white wire from the instrument panel will connect to the B+ terminal. The small wire from the master switch will connect to the IGW (IGN) terminal. Terminal L (Lamp) is not used. Heat conductive grease applied to the mounting base will help to transfer heat away from the regulator.
Joe Gores

The EAA and John Deere would love the fact that you are using their partnership program to the fullest.

Dave and John I found some tail art you can use once you install your Alternative Voltage Reg.

flys-logo.jpg

Back