What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV IAC Aerobatic Competition Standings - 2018

ronschreck

Well Known Member
Sorry for the delay in posting the new standings. I was vacationing in Scotland for a few weeks. What a wonderful country! But I didn't see any GA activity there, let alone RVs. Any RV pilots in Scotland?

Congratulations to Brian Pham who posted a very respectable score in his very first contest! Brian posted an account of his experience at the Apple Valley, CA contest here on VAF and it sounds like he is hooked.

Randy King came in 5th out of a very competitive field of 14 Sportsman pilots at Sebring. He was edged out by two Extras, a Pitts S2B and a Cap 10. He did it in a borrowed RV-7A. Look for Randy in his new ride soon. He just ferried his new RV-8 home from Colorado. As soon as he installs inverted systems he will be ready to compete. Picture of the new beast below. Very nice!

Randy King's new ride:

Gone native in Scotland!

What's under the skirt?

Don't know if we should be sharing a room at the aerobatic contests if you are going to start wearing skirts.:eek: Next contest in the southeast is the Bear Creek Bash in Rome, GA, 7-9 June. Any other RVs going?
Bill McLean (Scottish too, but no skirts)
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Ron, I like the format of your "RV Leaderboard". Thanks for doing this--it'll be easier to keep up with the RV pilots in IAC. Congratulations to everyone so far--very nice showing guys!

Don't know if we should be sharing a room at the aerobatic contests if you are going to start wearing skirts.:eek: Next contest in the southeast is the Bear Creek Bash in Rome, GA, 7-9 June. Any other RVs going?
Bill McLean (Scottish too, but no skirts)
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Don't think I'll make it to Rome. The plane is a bit naked and my wife had the gall to schedule her 60th birthday on that weekend. :eek:

Great job Brian! Way to go!

Randy, congratulations on your new ride! Sure does look great!

Ron, how much Scotch did you have to drink before you got talked into wearing that! Ha! Just kidding. I know your very proud of your ancestry. Glad you had such a wonderful trip. And thank you for keeping up with the leader board. Miss Izzy will soon return to her former glory.

Hey you RV guys and gals out there... let's fill up that leaderboard. A lot of hoopla about the One Design due to the upcoming anniversary and celebration at Oshkosh. It's a great airplane by all accounts, but never materialized into the perfect airplane to level the playing field. There are enough RVs out there to rejuvenate the one design concept. Let's do it!

Thanks for posting the Ron. It's great way to see everyone in the RV community who's competing and maybe attract more interest. Glad you had a great trip!

Sweet looking new ride Randy!

Back