What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Fuel Valve O Ring dimensions

donmei

Hi all,

I searched the archives and can't seem to find an answer to this question. I've recently sold my RV4 and am helping the new owner get her airworthy. The fuel valve works fine. But the O rings are about 15 years old, so I was planning to buff the inside of the valve body and replace the O rings.

Vans couldn't tell me the dimensions or even sell me an O ring without the dimensions.

Thanks,

Don Mei
(formerly) N92CT, KSNC

Thanks.

Unfortunately he doesn't mention O ring size. If I don't hear anything else, I guess we'll just remove the old ones and take them to the auto parts store to find a match.

Don

Thanks.

Unfortunately he doesn't mention O ring size. If I don't hear anything else, I guess we'll just remove the old ones and take them to the auto parts store to find a match.

Don

Yes, this will get you the best and quickest results at the least cost.

Thanks.

Don

I have a similar valve, and the o-rings disintegrated. I measured openings and it appears a -011 is the shaft seal, and the -018 is for the top flange nut.

Both are radial sealed and 1/16" cross section. Material selection is up to you.

Please report back if these are correct. Maybe this is a good start.

Back