What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing directions?

LAMPSguy

Well Known Member
I have been through much, but not all of my boxes. I seem to be missing the directions. I am willing to give it a college try without directions, but I think it would be more of a Red Bull Flugtag entrant vice real plane!

The only places I have not looked is between EACH sheet of skin in the bottom of the large box, but it seems that there is on room for paper directions there.

Also, I have not taken the spars out of the box, but I have lifted them up to look under. Where might they be hiding?

I received preview plans for my RV-8 ahead of time, but where are they for the 14?

Plans

I'm not 100% sure but I believe mine we're tucked in a piece of leading edge skin that was tied up with string

Missing Directions

It would be difficult to build without the directions for sure. I thought the same thing when I couldn't find mine in the box. Looked all over the place. Then I unrolled the drawings and the directions fell out. :D

Chuck

Nothing rolled up

No rolled paper here. I think I am missing a few small bits of hardware too, so I should be able to get it all from Van's at once to save in shipping.

If you email them, they'll be glad to send you a .txt file with the inventory on it. Then you can go through it and see what you're missing. The instructions and plans are one of the line items on the inventory.

I thought mine were missing also. Just about finish the inventory before I found them. Problem is I do not recall where I found them. I'm betting yours are there!!!

Plans

You should also be able to get them to email you the plans to peruse while you wait for the mailed copy to come.

Back