What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introducing myself

Fabien gressier

I'm New Here
Hello
My name is Fabien, i am new to this forum, i just bought an RV6A project from one friend here in france. My first question to you friends is :
Can i convert this kit to a RV6 and therefore what are the mods and parts i have to purchase?
This project has only been started and is still almost as received from Vans.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Fabien

Yes you can

Welcome Fabien, we have the wisdom of th universe on this site....well at least in regards to Vans Aircraft RV's. As to you question the answer is yes you can convert a 6A to a 6. Depending on how far along the kit is will determine what you have to do. Has the fuselage been started? Is it already skinned? Do you have the finish kit already? If the fuselage skins have not been cut for the landing gear and the top skins not installed at the rear it will not be difficult to do. Let us know how far along the fuselage is and someone can provide you with guidance.

What part of France are you in ? I do visit France at times with work ... Been building a RV6 for a very long time .... Did a fair bit of work on the tail when I was living in France - just outside Nantes ...

Thank you

Thanks for your replies,
i have made some searches on the forum and found all the infos needed at this time. The kit i bought has only been started with few hours work on the tail section. Its a good timing for me to choose to go to RV6 TD version.

I live in Crepy en valois and fly at Le Plessis Belleville near CDG airport.
rgds
Fabien

Welcome

Fabien,

Welcome to Van's Airforce!

There are a few of us building RV-6 and 6A's. I'm building an RV-6, near Detroit, Michigan, USA. I'm sure you will find all the help here you will need.

Good Luck,
Mark

Welcome

Welcome Fabian

Only 2 years ago I was in your position! And now this weekend I am planning on doing my first flight in my RV6.

Good luck and enjoy the project, any questions feel free to ask!

Cheers AJ

And now this weekend I am planning on doing my first flight in my RV6.

Wow AJ, it seems not so long ago I was reading your build log about the canopy install. And now you are ready to fly! I'm sure you will soon be posting the news of what I predict will be a very successful first flight!

Regards,

Back