What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oregon Painter recommendation?

Joe

Well Known Member
If you have had your airplane painted locally (western Oregon or just across the border into western Washington) and are happy with the job (well enough to use the same painter on another job), please tell me the name of your paint shop.

First person experiences only, please; not "I heard Craig Roberts or John Stahr does good work".

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
Painter

If you have had your airplane painted locally (western Oregon or just across the border into western Washington) and are happy with the job (well enough to use the same painter on another job), please tell me the name of your paint shop.

First person experiences only, please; not "I heard Craig Roberts or John Starr does good work".

Thanks,
Joe

Ask for mike at AeroAir at Hillsboro. He custom blended some work on a corporate jet. He does custom paint on motorcycles as well

Northern Nevada

I know that Nevada is not part of Oregon or Washington, but it isn't far in RV terms.

Mathews & Brunke Aviation in Yerington, NV (O43) just finished my RV9A and I think they did a great job at a fair price. 775 463-9470

Their policy on experimentals is you take it apart and put it back together after it is painted. It took me 5 hours to disassemble it and 3 days to put it back together.

Following up on my own posting: Craig Roberts of Aurora, OR painted my RV-8A and I'm totally pleased with the result and with him. Craig doesn't advertise and is always busy; that should tell you something.

BackFromPaint.jpg

Back