What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Autopilot setup menu grayed out

rvator51

Well Known Member
The Autopilot setup menu is grayed out on the setup page. However, I have the pitch servo installed. It is detected on the network status page. The update program found it and updated the servo to latest firmware. But autopilot setup page is unavailable. Is there some other setup you have to do somewhere else?

There's an initialize routine you have to run if it's the first time it's been connected. It's in the manual. Sorry I can't be more specific...

You have to go to Hardware Calibration and calibrate the servo(s). Then the Autopilot menu will be available. It needs to know which servo is which and which direction is which before it can use them.

Hi Jesse

Hardware calibration shows no servos installed so unable to calibrate there. Sure it's something simple I am forgetting.

There is a routine you have to run where Skyview searches the "network" and identifies components attached to it. The servos have to be powered. It's not the calibrate routine...

I just searched the Skyview installation manual and could not find it to give you a reference, but I had the same problem on initial setup so I know it's there somewhere. I often find it difficult to find things in the Skyview manuals.

Perhaps a search or ask the question on the Dynon forum.

Good luck...

Yes I already did a network configure and network found the Servo. The problem turned out to be that you have to run the zero pressure calibration on the ADAHRS first or you can't calibrate or assign the servos to either pitch or roll.

Back