What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 29A-03 Step 6 - Adding stiffeners to fwd fuse

bhassel

Well Known Member
When I setup the stiffeners they appear to overlap.

Do I just need to trim more or should the top stiffener (F-1295) fit between the skin and the angled stiffener (F-1202N)?

29a-03-step6.png

Thanks,

Bob

When I setup the stiffeners they appear to overlap.

Do I just need to trim more or should the top stiffener (F-1295) fit between the skin and the angled stiffener (F-1202N)?

29a-03-step6.png

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

I just looked at mine...F-1202N stops just shy of F-1295 (upper) by about 1/2" FWIW....

Of course - if it doesn't fit...

I must have something wrong...now to figure out what...

Bob

Of course - if it doesn't fit...

I must have something wrong...now to figure out what...

Bob

If you are adding this as an update to an already flying airplane or an earlier fuselage kit, the diag. stiffener needs to be shortened slightly.
If that is the case you need to get a copy of the retrofit instructions

Nope this is a new build. I did already rivet in the F-1202-N angled stiffener and notice that I should have probably done it the other way around, so I started with the F-1295 first.

With the F-1202 riveted on the F-1295 can't fit level with the holes without going between the skin and the F-1202 stiffener.

I was going to take the F=1202 off and trim it down, test fit both parts and go from there. It's always a pain to undo something, but it won't be the first time :eek:

Bob

Back