What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antenna location for UAT Exho on RV-6A

rvator4twa

Well Known Member
Patron
Am installing the UAT ABS-D unit to go with my GRT Sport EFIS. I have located the transponder type antenna just forward of the R step. I located it there as it provided easy access to drill thru the bottom of the plane with inside access only removing the,side cargo wall door. It also is more than a meter behind the actual GTX327 transponder antenna. A friend wondered if the step would dissipate part of the signal? Will contact someone Monday but any opinions?

Last edited:
Everything dissipates the signal. The further from the step the better, but whether it is significant or not where you have it is tough to judge until you try it. Unless you are quite close, I?m guessing you will be ok

Erich

Slould work. My Adsb antenna is just behind the firewall, which puts it close to the exhaust stacks. No issues.

Transponder or transponder antenna

In looking at the installation manual it comments that the echo antenna be 1 meter from the transponder and 1 meter from the comm antenna. Do they really mean the transponder or the transponder antenna. In my case they are about 2 meters away from each other. (Transponder and transponder antenna)

Back