What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing Engine Baffle Parts?

pilot28906

Well Known Member
I seem to be missing several parts listed in the engine baffle kit. I have looked everywhere. Are these pieces to be fabricated? Anyone have the same problem? I also have an extra part that is not called out: CB-1005A. This is for an RV-7, IO-360M1B.

Missing Parts:
CB-1002D
CB-1003C
CB-1004B
CB-1007B
CB-701D
CB-702E
CB-705A
CB-707E
CB-710D

Thanks

I used the same baffle kit, If I recall the parts you are missing are included in larger pieces of aluminum and need to be separated and fabricated. At first inspection the baffle kit seem a little mysterious, check the plans closely, you may find that everything you need is there.

Last edited:
Thanks Jake. The kit did have some pieces that had to be cut from other pieces, however I don't see where these other missing pieces could be cut from and there is no mention of them being made from other pieces in the instructions. However it is strange that this many pieces would be missing.

Just sharing this because I didn't know myself. Make sure you have inter-cylinder baffles of your engine. They don't come from Vans and I didn't even know they were a thing until a mechanic pointed it out to me. My engine was used and missing them. Fortunately the airplane hasn't flown yet otherwise it would have caused cooling issues.

Back