What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registration Problem

j-red

Well Known Member
Well, Crud!

I'm about two weeks out from DAR inspection, and went to have my data plate engraved. Pulled out the registration card that came back in October or so, and noticed that they put Vans Aircraft as the manufacturer instead of my name!

When filling out the forms, I followed the EAA packet to the letter, and am sure I didn't mis-print it (though, of course, it seems that I deleted the scans I took of the forms once the registration came back, so I have no way of checking to verify whose fault it was).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, it's Saturday! So i have to fuss about this until Monday when they're open and I can talk to someone to find out what has to happen to fix it. I know it has to be changed before the airworthiness can go through, so hopefully it doesn't cause a huge delay.

Bummed.

They're pretty good at taking care of things like this promptly. I'm sure you will get it straightened out Monday. BTW, you don't have to wait for the hard copy to get the Airworthiness done. If the correction shows up on line, that's good for the certification.
Of course you still need the hard copy to fly.

Since you are pressed for time, you might consider spending $60 and calling Insured Aircraft Title Service in OKC.I have used them for several registrations and they walk the paperwork through same day, as well as overnight a hard copy. Ask for Rosalee she is very knowledgeable regarding experimental aircraft paperwork.
Good Luck with the inspection!

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with a very nice lady in Oklahoma city. She saw quickly that it was an error on their part and pushed it to a supervisor for correction. Hopefully we'll see those changes online pretty quickly!
Great service from the FAA :)

Back