What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reno Aircraft Hardware/Supply Store

Frankster13

Can anyone tell me if there is an aircraft supply retail store in Reno area? I need corner nut plates and Spruce is out of stock and need them immediately. It's delaying my project.

If you find one, let me know...I have looked for the six years I’ve been outside of Carson City, and haven’t found one. We’ve got two Walmarts, two Home Depot’s, and Lowes here in the Capitol....but no airplane parts (or tool) stores - imagine that!

Which means you just have to wait for the brown truck to arrive. Online, you might try B&B or GAHCO.

I’m currently waiting on ACS to get tires for my little jet back in stock - the thing takes FIVE of them, and Spruce only had two in Georgia, none out west....

Hardware

I think Nor Cal Supply is still in business near Oakland Airport. They are one of the largest hardware suppliers in the country and can usually come up with hardware that is only available from a couple of other sources.

Summit?

You might try Summit Racing to see if they carry nut plates. They do carry a small selection of riveting equipment and hardware.

Can anyone tell me if there is an aircraft supply retail store in Reno area? I need corner nut plates and Spruce is out of stock and need them immediately. It's delaying my project.

Frankster did you ever find a local source? I am not sure my suggestion will have what you are looking for but Carter Bro’s Ace Hardware off of S Virginia street in midtown has the best hardware and fastener selection in the city. And if it makes a difference they do actually have an Experimental airframe hanging from the ceiling... :D

Probably too late for this, but Military Fasteners in Ponte Vedra, Fl--might have them. Surely someone in the Western US has nut plates.
Tom

Back