What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Narco 810 Comm Maintenance Manual

spriteah

Hi all,

Im seeking a maintenance manual for a Narco 810 Comm TSO. Mainly after the schematic Diagram.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jim.

Jim

I have a PDF of a NARCO 810 Installation/Operation manual... includes schematics. PM your email and I'll send it to you.

Narco COM 810 maintenance manual wanted

Reviving this thread because I need a COM 810 maintenance manual. The link above doesn't work.

Anyone have a .pdf of the maintenance manual? I need the schematics to troubleshoot a display (of course!) problem.

Thanks,
Dave

Replacement display for COM810

Ok, I didn't find a service manual, but here's some information that may help someone who needs to replace the display in a Narco COM810.

The display is made by the electronics manufacturer Vishay Dale and can be bought new from Digikey for $125, Digikey P/N 541-1411-ND .

The Vishay Dale part number is PD10D02510.

R710 Value?

Digging up an old thread here... my Narco 810 cooked itself and upon opening found resistor R710 to be fried. If anyone has a manual and can tell me what the value of this resistor is, that would be much appreciated!

It's still wishful thinking that the resistor itself is the only problem, but I'll take a swing at it over the estimated $450 repair quote...

R710

Matt,

The value of R710 is 100 ohm, 5%, 3 watts wire wound if it is a 28v unit. If it is a 14v unit. R710 is 27 ohm, 5%, 1/2 watt carbon film.

If you email me your email address, I will send you a picture of the parts pages.

[email protected]

Brian

Last edited:
Adding to an old thread here.

Today my Narco NCS 812 screen died, the unit works fine but am unable to read what had been selected, anyone got any idea's? Common problem perhaps the screen going blank

Thanks

Hi Capt,

This may not be the same issue, but on my 810, the display has gotten had to see, sometimes like it's not even on. This is particularly common in low lighting conditions on mine. Turns out the sensitivity of the photodiode that controls screen brightness has degraded over time, so if I shine a bright light on it, the screen lights up nicely. May be worth giving a shot (it's that little sensor just to the left of the display in this picture)

https://goo.gl/images/Uo7svC

-Matt

In other news. I soldered a new power resistor in my unit and it appears to be back to life and functioning well again!!

Last edited:
Thanks Matt.

That's the first thing I tried, the torch trick, sadly no change.
The more I look into this the more it might not be the display screen. The screen driver, voltage supply chip etc. can't even find a serviceable set I could buy, like me these old sets are becoming dinosaurs...lolol

Back