What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake Master Cylinders Bolts and Nuts Torque

AboveMSL

Well Known Member
Good morning folks,

I know this note on page 33-04, "Tighten the nuts and bolts until they are finger-tight DO NOT use standard torque values," applies to the nuts and bolts attaching the rudder pedals. Does it also apply to the nuts and bolts attaching the brake master cylinders, or should those be torqued to standard values?

2rf6h5t.jpg

Thanks,

Good morning folks,

I know this note on page 33-04, "Tighten the nuts and bolts until they are finger-tight DO NOT use standard torque values," applies to the nuts and bolts attaching the rudder pedals. Does it also apply to the nuts and bolts attaching the brake master cylinders, or should those be torqued to standard values?

2rf6h5t.jpg

Thanks,

Think of it this way....
In most instances where a castellated nut is specified on RV?s, it is because the fastener is is being used as a pivot point in that location. If the fasteners was fully torqued so that it was tight, the attached item would no longer be free to pivot.
So in this case, the castellated nuts should not be torqued to standard values.

Thanks Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Those were my suspicions, however, I spend a lot of my time being wrong...as per my wife. So I just wanted to be sure.

I always appreciate your input on these forums.

You want them to be able to pivot free. So shy of finger tight. It will help you master to fully return. I still used the springs to help the return.

Back