What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

seat interior RV 8

gafitts

Can anyone recommend finished seats interior for RV-8 seats
Flight Line Interiors?, Oregon Aero Seats? Also seatbelt?
I guess Vans seat molds are on the low end
Gregg

RV-8 INTERIORS

anybody recommend RV-8 seat interiors, was looking at Flight Line Interiors
Also need seatbelt. Will do limited aerobatics
Gregg

Oregon Aero and Classic Aero Designs are both worth checking out. Both are VAF advertisers, and both do quality work.

I installed seats in the 8A made by DJ at Cleaveland Tool 14 years ago and they still look like the day I put them in. https://bracketsweb.com/rvinteriors/

I got the same type of seats for the RV-10 and will get them again for the new RV-8 project.

I don't like leather, but I know DJ does leather as well.

I used Hooker Harnesses for the 8A and 10 and will again for the 8.

Carl

Check and compare Hooker Harness and Crow Enterprizes for five point harnesses. I personally prefer the cam-lock style release setup versus the military style but I don't do much aerobatics. Both companies offer this.

Hooker also offers a true aerobatic set with ratchet for a second seat (lap) harness but I understand these are difficult to fit into an RV-8 without some extra work. Be sure to check first.

My experience was first with Hooker harness (non-ratcheing type) but found they slipped a lot once G went negative even when just pushing the nose over from a full departure stall. If your wife flies with you and/or has weaker hands she might prefer the cam-lock release. You can mix and match, front and back. Hooker offers both release styles.

I currently use the Crow system and like it a lot.

Shoulder pads definitely recommended for either system.

RE: interiors. All are good suppliers. I've been impressed with Flightline on quality and response.

Chris

Abby at Flightline Interiors does amazing work, highly recommended. She will work with you to create what you want.

Back