What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight review plus

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I have my flight review due this month. Previously I've done things like Tailwheel endorsement or RV transition training in combo with a flight review. So this year I figure I may as well learn some extra stuff again.

I chose Jeanne at MountainAirDance for my flight review and then we'll do some Emergency Maneuvers Training in her Super Decathlon. Day 2 the plan is spins, rolls, competition turns and finally loops. Day 3, We hope I've learned enough to move these skills into my RV and see what happens.

Aurora has been rolled a few times(with skill in the right seat), but I'm a rookie with no formal training. So are there any things I need to know in advance about basic aerobatics in the RV-7. I've got my homework assignments from Jeanne already, but wondering about the RV.

sounds fun

Boy does that sound fun. I don't know about the school you are going to, but I spent 3 days in McCall Idaho with a buddy of mine that took lessons from Lori at Mounain Canyon Flying Seminars. It was great and a "must" for people flying in the mountains. Have fun - what a great experience it will be.

I just looked at the Mountain Air Dance web site - looks even better than I thought. She sure has good rates for her services.

Last edited:
You'll have a blast

I took the EMT and Basic Aerobatics with Jeanne about a year ago. Learned a bunch and had a blast! I suppose technically the Super D is a more capable acro mount. But what I noticed when I got back in my 6 is that the RV FEELS more like YOU are flying!:cool: As opposed to just riding in a plane that is flying.
The only downside for you is that you live close enough to commute from home everyday. Jeanne put me up at her house and had breakfast and dinner ready everyday! What a deal:D:cool:

Howdy Dave, I recall when you were here last year(fighting a little weather weren't you?) and have been wanting to do the same ever since. Commuting 12 minutes each way will be a bonus even if I do have to make my own breakfast.:)

Phase 1 testing and then enjoyment flying was taking all my gas money, but now it's time to increase my skills and knowledge.

Back