What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sky Radar

JohnF

Well Known Member
I am seriously considering purchasing a Sky Radar ADSB receiver to get weather without any fee.

My reluctance is due to my lack of any information about the company, and its location. Their web page does give an 888 telephone number, and some research shows they are out of Atlanta, GA. but they do not provide a business address.

The number of scams these days makes me really gun shy. I would appreciate any information about this company that you could pass along confidentially to me.

They are offering a 22% price reduction for a few days which whets my appitete for this unit, but I hate to lose $900 to some outfit I know absolutely nothing about.

Can you help?

Sky Radar Booth @ Sun n Fun??

Don't know if they are an exhibitor but I would be interested in this myself. If I make it tomorrow and the vendors are open I will check it out and post back.

It took some digging but I located the address of the company; its a unit of Radenna, LLC of Revere, MA.

I decided to wait and see how ADS B equipment shakes out...the central western part of the country doesn't have coverage yet per the ITT web site, and the cost of the Sky Radar unit is really just the start of the expense; you need an Ipad (one possible display unit), plus $100/year software from an outfit like WingX, so the receiver from Sky Radar is really just the start of the cost.

I am going to wait for a while and see what industry brings us. Perhaps some vague hints on a Dynon site might offer something in the future?

Back