What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'll be in the Raleigh / RTP area for a while. Any builders or flying RV's around?

CubedRoot

Well Known Member
Hey folks,
I am signed up for a rather long term contract with a client thats based out of the Raleigh / Durham area, specifically in "Research Triangle Park". It's a 6 month contract, and I am on site in RTP 1 week per month. I have been staying in a hotel thats about 10 minutes from RDU airport, but I've noticed quite a few small airports in the area, and figured I would see if theres any builders around.

If anyone is building, or has a flying RV (doesn't matter what model) I'd be interested in meeting up, even if its just shooting the breeze in the hangar. I'd much rather be volunteering some free labor or talking about airplanes, than I would just sitting in a hotel bar for those 5 days.

If you have a flying RV, I'd be happy to buy fuel, food and adult beverages (pro-rata just in case Mr. FAA is reading, heh) for a ride in one.

Shoot me a message here on VAF or via email / phone below:

[email protected]
423-618-1414 (cell / text).

Thanks!

Just southwest of KRDU is KTTA (Raleigh Executive Jetport) near Sanford. There are a dozen or so flying RV's based there. There is also an RV build / completion center there and they work on a lot of different aircraft. Yesterday there was a -6, -14A, -10, and a -9 in the shop as well as some other high-wing types.

I have knee replacement surgery next week and will not be out there for some number of weeks, so I will not be able to give you a tour of the field, but the RV folks are very friendly.

hey Raleigh folks, I am back in town this week, leaving out late Friday. Anyone need a right seater for some local flying :) Or need some free labor to help with a build?

What hours / days are you free? I am going out to KTTA tomorrow morning just to see what is going on. I am not able to fly right now, but I may try and see if I can get in/ out of my -6A...still recovering from my knee replacement surgery.

Hi Noel!
Hope the knee recovery is going well!

I am working with my client from 8:30am to roughly 5pm, over off Kit Creek road in the Triangle. It looks to be about 30 minutes away from KTTA.

Back