What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot and AOA Tubing

BobD

A question for someone who understands tubing and pressures. The routing of the cabling through the fuselage has left little room through the bushings to run the ?? tubing for the Pitot, and I am also thinking of running another tube to the wing for an AOA sensor. These need to run from the ADAHRS box in the tailcone, through the fuselage to the spinner and wing. On another aircraft where I had a similar problem for the AOA routing, I connected a length of 1/8? tubing with reducers in between the ?? tube at the sensor, and the ?? tube at the ADAHRS unit, and it worked well. However, if I understand how the AOA works correctly, it is calibrated to react to the changes in pressure between different angles of attack, irrespective of the actual pressure hitting the probe.

My question is can I use the same method to run 1/8? tubing through the fuselage, connected to ?? tubing either end, for the Pitot ? I don?t understand enough about the pressure changes in such a setup, and the potential effect on the ADAHRS operation.

TIA

Back