What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT SX Loading Waypoints Problem...

TomVal

Well Known Member
I have a GRT SX-200/100 dual screen display with the current unit and navigation software installed. Today I went to load a flight plan to Triple Tree Airport (SC00). In typing the airport identifier into the flight plan, the numerals 0, 1, & 2 were not available in the selectable "numbers column" from the "Add" waypoint page although numerals 3 thru 9 were. So basically, any waypoint that has the numerals 0 thru 2 in it presently cannot be built. Has anyone else have had this problem?

Also, the system will not allow me to add a user-defined waypoint into an existing flight plan, however the system will allow me to go present position direct to a user-defined waypoint.

I would appreciate any input on this. I've also sent an inquiry to GRT.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Tom,

Not sure it will help, but there are a couple tutorials on waypoints on the GRT website under Support, Feature of the Week.

Jim Butcher

Hmmm, I never expereienced that with my SX. I know that user defined waypoints are entered using no spaces, not sure if that is an issue here. Always had access to all the numbers. Is there any way you may have transposed 0 for O either in the airport ID or the entry?

Just got off the phone with Jeff at GRT. I will try a reload of the display unit software. He has received no other calls regarding this problem. I'll report back in a few days with the results.

I reloaded the unit display software and now my missing numerals are displayed, however, the system still will not allow me to add a user-defined waypoint into an existing flight plan, although it will allow me to go present position direct to a user-defined waypoint.

Jeff at GRT is going to run some tests with his software and get back to me.

Problem Solved...Mea Culpa!

I did not realize that a user defined waypoint name cannot share the name of any waypoint already in the national database. For example, I named a user defined waypoint as "WALLY". When I attempted to load WALLY into an active flight plan, the LIST function showed that there were two waypoints in the national database to select from. My user defined waypoint "WALLY" was not listed as a choice, however, within the user defined waypoint page, the system would allow me to go P-P direct to my user defined "WALLY". After renaming WALLY I was able to load the waypoint into a flight plan.

Probably haven't explained this very well, but the bottom line is that I failed to RTFM.:eek:

Last edited:
Back