VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Default Alcor vendor review

I had an Alcor EGT go bad after using it for about 18 months. Alcor's website shows a 5 year warranty for grounded thermocouples like the EGT probe.

After contacting Steinair, my vendor as part of a Garmin probe package, they told me to contact Alcor. I contacted Alcor, who tried to direct me back to my vendor, but I told them my vendor told me to call Alcor so now I didn't know what to do.

The person then asked for the specifics of probe only found on the probe packaging, i.e. Part No., Work Order, Date Code, Date, Inspector, which I rattled off to them as I had kept the packaging. I told them I'd bought it from Steinair. Two days later they called to say they couldn't find where they had sold any to Steinair. Then I told them that Steinair had apparently gotten it through Garmin. At that point they asked for my address to ship out a replacement probe. They only asked that I return the old probe.

The net result is that I received a warranty replacement new EGT probe for the shipping cost of returning the old probe, which I sent back yesterday. I think that's good customer service. I also believe that having kept the original packaging, I was able to provide that specific information to make a valid warranty claim. YMMV

Mike