Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Activity Specific > Trip Write-ups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 04:34 PM

Hey! You were in my sand box and didn't even say hi? I flew yesterday out of KMEV and played at Tahoe, but you wouldn't of noticed me, I was in a Skyhalk. Any way I can't wait to get this thing built to play with all you R Vers
Old 01-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Great report, Rosie. Did the same thing when Bubba lent me his 170 except took the western route on the way up, then followed Rte. 50 to the lake. Top Ten trip for sure.

Paul & Louise, even though we have a place at the top of Kingsbury Grade that we hope to domicile at in a couple years, might have to transition to Dayton: the whole hangar-home deal is becoming very attractive to this new RV owner, as I have spent far too many hours going from my hangar to workshop for one or two things as I improve my new to me RV (easily a one hour evolution each time).
RV-6A bought flying

Last edited by catmandu : 01-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:28 PM
VAF Moderator / Line Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
Paul & Louise, even though we have a place at the top of Kingsbury Grade that we hope to domicile at in a couple years, might have to transition to Dayton: the whole hangar-home deal is becoming very attractive to this new RV owner, as I have spent far too many hours going from my hangar to workshop for one or two things as I improve my new to me RV (easily a one hour evolution each time).
Come on down! It's a forty-five minute drive to the top of Kingsbury from here, the lifts don't open until 0900 - plenty of time to grab breakfast and still hit the slopes when they open!
RV-6 (By Marriage) - N164MS - "Mikey"
RV-3B - N13PL - "Tsamsiyu"
A&P, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor
Dayton Valley Airpark (A34)
http://Ironflight.com
Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 AM

Default Nice trip report

Rosie,
I enjoyed your trip report and views of "home". I'm 12 time zones away for another month, and then back home. The mountains here are a little taller and rougher, but not near as pretty. My 'ride' burns a little more fuel than yours but I bet it can stay aloft a little longer...
I'll give you a call when I get back.
Howard
UAV pilot
Old 01-05-2014, 04:43 PM

Rosie, Paul and Louise,
Another great trip write up. We read every day about your trip to the islands. I really enjoy the trip and reminds me of when we used to fly into Lake Tahoe in the Citation when the company I fly for owned it.
We've been told our daughter will probably be staying in the Sonoma valley area and getting married so were already planning a trip out west in our RV.
Paul was a gracious host when we visited on a trip to Houston Flight Safety for Challenger recurrent and he showed us all the toys. We invited him to come with us for a simulator hop but then learned he had far more experience playing shuttle pilot.
Hopefully, we will make the trip from Georgia some day soon and get to see his new residence out west.
Again, thanks for the trip report. Enjoyed it.

Jack & Anita
65 hours now on the RV
KJZP
Corporate Pilot CFI-AI, MEL
Jack & Anita Hunt
N507H
KJZP Jasper, Georgia