What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage Question about Permatex

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
The fuselage kit comes with a small bottle of Permatex threadloacker blue--medium strength. Where is this used?

Thanks

You found a it listed on the pick ticket / packing list?

I think you acquired it somewhere else... I am pretty sure it is not supplied in any kit.

im pretty sure the directions say to use thread lock when installing the back window the screws get screwed into tapped threads in the roll over structure

im pretty sure the directions say to use thread lock when installing the back window the screws get screwed into tapped threads in the roll over structure

disregard that i checked it says to use silicone not thread lock so im not sure where thats used

Don't try that as I'm ordering(today) my third rear window for missing that revision. Most screw holes have cracked and not one that did not have thread locker on the screws shows any sign of cracking.

Don't try that as I'm ordering(today) my third rear window for missing that revision. Most screw holes have cracked and not one that did not have thread locker on the screws shows any sign of cracking.

i dont think ron said that strong enough, NEVER GET LOCKTITE OR ANY THREAD LOCK ANYWHERE NEAR ACRYLIC you will be replacing it very soon. it WILL cause crazing.

bob burns
RV-4 n82RB

Back