What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hawaii Anyone?

ColbyS

Is there anyone currently living in Hawaii (Any Island) who is either building or has a RV built?

I'm still contemplating on whether to build or hold off and place it later in life after I have either 1. more money in the bank, 2. better job. Even though my current job could easily pay for the construction of the RV but I dont plain on stayin in the military forever, and I think it would be better to atleast get my instrument rating before spending all these money on building.

Anyways.. Hope I can find someone in Hawaii with a project or an already built one. I heard there was a guy on Oahu. Just gotta find him.

Thanks.

I'm in Oahu half time and I built an RV. Alas, I sold it as part of this move - so no plane for me on the island...

Aloha Kevin,

Maybe we could possibly meet up sometime and talk.. Or start a build? haha I'm over by the airport....

About 25-years ago, I told a co-worked that was just about ready to retire that I was going to build an airplane when I retire. He said: "Do not wait till you retire. Do it now so that you can enjoy it when you retire."

At the time, I figured out how much could I can afford to spend if some one GAVE ME the airplane for me to fly. Back in 1988, I came up with $75 per week. I then started a savings program where that money came out of my weekly paycheck and went into the credit union. 8.5 years later, I had a flying paid for airplane. If you add 4% each year for inflation, I was on budget.

Over the past 16.5 years, I have done over 2,800 hours of flying in the airplane that I built. A lot of flying has been with Rosie. We keep telling each other that it will never be cheaper to fly than it is right now.

I am now retired and enjoying my airplane. I have enjoyed the airplane so much, I can see me building an -8 or -3 in the near future. It will never be cheaper than it is right now and I may as well fly as much as I can afford as long as my health holds up for it will only cost more later.

Last edited:
Back