What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nexus 7 vs Nexus 7 2013 in direct sunlight

Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Does anyone have first hand experience comparing the sunlight (cockpit) readability of the Nexus 7 2013 over the Nexus 7? I have a Nexus 7 and thinking about upgrading if there is a dramatic improvement in the cockpit readability.

Thanks,

Does anyone have first hand experience comparing the sunlight (cockpit) readability of the Nexus 7 2013 over the Nexus 7? I have a Nexus 7 and thinking about upgrading if there is a dramatic improvement in the cockpit readability.

Thanks,

Mary and I use the 2013 edition in the front cockpit, and the 2012 edition of the Nexus 7 in the back cockpit. The 2013 is definitely brighter, and has a higher resolution screen. It's definitely more sunlight readable.

When our GRT Horizon is up and running in the front cockpit next week, we will move the 2013 edition to the back hole, and retire the 2012 to Facebook and Van's Air Force use, only. :)

btw - adding a matte finish anti-glare screen protector makes a _huge_ improvement in Nexus sunlight visibility...

Just to confuse the issue, I'm reading that the new Nexus 8 may arrive by the end of April. I really like my Nexus 7, 2013 edition, and will probably upgrade when available

Just to confuse the issue, I'm reading that the new Nexus 8 may arrive by the end of April. I really like my Nexus 7, 2013 edition, and will probably upgrade when available

A Nexus 8 wouldn't fit in the pocket of my cargo shorts -- a prerequisite for any tablet.

It's why I dumped my iPad and went with the Nexus 7. (Long before Apple responded with the Mini.)

Back