What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Glendale, AZ restaurant re-opens

pazmanyflyer

Well Known Member
Just an FYI for those in or visiting the Phoenix area that the restaurant at Glendale (KGEU) will be reopening Nov 3rd. Something Special Aviation Cafe 623 872 6420 www (dot) ssacafe (dot) com

Not my first choice of names but hey, we have a place to eat other than KDVT again.

Last edited:
Makes sense with the Super Bowl coming. I hope they make a go of it. I enjoyed the old one and it often seemed quite busy.

Apple pie

In the late '80's and early 90's it was the best AZ airport restaurant. Folks flew in just for their homemade apple pie.

The Friday night fish frys were pretty good too. The only problem was having to fight the Sun City crowd for a table.

Was there this morning. Very good food at reasonable prices. Nice people. Hopefully we locals and anyone flying near by will stop in and give them some support.
Larry

KGEU Restaurant PIREP

Landed at Glendale airport today flying a blind veteran and his guide dog home on a Veterans Airlift Command transport mission. Did not know the restaurant had just reopened. First time at this airport.

We arrived at the restaurant at 1430 which is when they close. The waitress talked to the chef and they kept the restaurant open for us. Our group of five ordered different sandwiches and they were all good. The gourmet grill cheese sandwich was best I have ever had.

Great service and great food.

Back