What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO375/Titan 370 and Prop Governor Questions

agent4573

Well Known Member
I'm trying to get in on the group buy for the PCU5000X prop governors, but I don't have my fuse kit or engine sitting in my garage right now. I got the following from looking at different builder logs, but a confirmation would be awesome before I submit the order forms.

My planned setup: RV7 with an Aerosport 375 (which uses all continental parts).

Rotation: Counter-Clockwise
Position: 290 degrees is default and I can move it later
Drive Ratio: 1:1 or .866:1, I'm not sure.

Anyone install one of these and can give their setup? Thanks.

I'm in a similar boat, though further along than you...I'll be watching this thread. I'm also planning on getting in on the group buy.

Aerosport confirmed it's .866 for the ratio. I know if you mount it on the rear it's counter clockwise activation. I'm not sure if anyone has mounted it on the front pad and if that changes things.

Are you sure you have a front pad? The Titan 370 I have uses the standard rear gov.

Not sure at all. The few build logs I've seen with this motor have all put them on the rear pad. Some of the aerosport literature says they offer both a front or rear pad option. I'm not positive if the front pad is even a workable solution on an RV7.

Not sure at all. The few build logs I've seen with this motor have all put them on the rear pad. Some of the aerosport literature says they offer both a front or rear pad option. I'm not positive if the front pad is even a workable solution on an RV7.

Anything is possible, but I suggest you follow the "standard" Van's install and use the rear mounted gov.

I'm trying to get in on the group buy for the PCU5000X prop governors, but I don't have my fuse kit or engine sitting in my garage right now. I got the following from looking at different builder logs, but a confirmation would be awesome before I submit the order forms.

My planned setup: RV7 with an Aerosport 375 (which uses all continental parts).

Rotation: Counter-Clockwise
Position: 290 degrees is default and I can move it later
Drive Ratio: 1:1 or .866:1, I'm not sure.

Anyone install one of these and can give their setup? Thanks.

Paul,

I'm in the same boat, but with an RV-8/Titan 370 combo. I email JB at Titan and he confirmed the .866:1 drive ratio for the rear mount. Brent Erwin at APS confirmed the counter-clockwise rotation. Brent said the the position angle should be 315 degrees, but that it could be easily be adjusted in the field.

Back