What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alt engine gathering this month

rv7charlie

Well Known Member
My wife & I are hosting an alternative engine get-together at my home airport over Memorial Day weekend. Arrivals on Friday & departures Sunday or Monday. You're welcome to camp on the field, or there are hotels a short drive away.

We're at Slobovia Outernational (MS71), just north of Jackson MS.

If you're interested in attending, PM me or email me at [email protected] for more information.

Thanks,

Charlie

... If possible, can you post some photos of your event? I am interested
and am sure others will be as well. Regards, Allan

Hi Allan; thanks for asking. I'll try to get all the attendees to upload to a public site for viewing.

We had five rotary powered planes in attendance. Would have had six, but one pilot had an illness in the family.

Planes from Wyoming, Austin TX, northern Ky, & two from north central FL. Couple of good talks about rotaries, and the Wyoming attendee (retired research scientist) did a presentation on his vibration analysis of a Jabaru 3300 that's trying to break a Sensenich ground adjustable carbon prop.

And my current 15 year old hangar slave gave a short presentation on how he acquired his RV training kit (Sonex project). Kinda nice to pay for work, and actually know where the money goes....

Film at eleven,

Charlie

Hi Allan; thanks for asking. I'll try to get all the attendees to upload to a public site for viewing.

We had five rotary powered planes in attendance. Would have had six, but one pilot had an illness in the family.

Planes from Wyoming, Austin TX, northern Ky, & two from north central FL. Couple of good talks about rotaries, and the Wyoming attendee (retired research scientist) did a presentation on his vibration analysis of a Jabaru 3300 that's trying to break a Sensenich ground adjustable carbon prop.

And my current 15 year old hangar slave gave a short presentation on how he acquired his RV training kit (Sonex project). Kinda nice to pay for work, and actually know where the money goes....

Film at eleven,

Charlie
...This sounds like a very interesting event and I would have enjoyed seeing it as well. Thanks, Allan..:D

Back