VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-10-2018, 05:30 PM

Default Baggage Area Shelf

Decided to make a baggage area shelf for my 7A, thought I would share some pix if anyone is considering one. Wanted something easy to remove (take out 2 bolts and the hinge pin) , reachable by the pilot in flight, and not made of wood. Seems to work well--- .125 angle for the forward supports, and the rest is made from .063 angle, sheet aluminum, and hinge. Behind the rear bulkhead, I did beef-up the area to which the hinge is riveted, using a piece of lightweight angle nestled into the groove (not visible from the front)...painted (fairly) carefully with quality rattle-can-- after all..it's just a shelf! Used a couple of modified cushioned clamps on the side to hold my clarity aloft headsets, and some Velcro to keep my flight bag from becoming a missile. Also was able to relocate my fire extinguisher to a handier location. Nothing fancy, but functional. Hope this helps someone. I suppose if someone was very energetic, they could also put one behind the pilot seat as well. A little more work than I thought, but worth it to me. Happy and safe flying to you all..!

"Maintain thy airspeed...Lest the earth arise and smite thee..."