Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2018, 11:35 AM

I just wanted to give an update that due to the popularity of the rigid tube packages, we have taken steps to streamline our production. We now aim to keep several sets built and in stock. In the event we do run out, we are able to now build these on a 3 business day lead time. Wing rigid tubes are the same. The flex lines retain their standard 3-5 business day lead times. (More to come on all this including some new videos of a major shop upgrade we just completed related to rigid tube development.)

The current website message of reduced availability until 3-20 is NOT applicable to any of the RV-14 hoses and tubes.

Happy Building!
Steve

aircraftspecialty@gmail.com

www.aircraftspecialty.com

Last edited by Aircraft Specialty : 03-08-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:08 PM

I just wanted to give an update to all our RV-14 Customers. We are currently on Revision 7 of the installation manual for our cabin fuel and brake line package. We have a lot of these being installed at the moment. We always appreciate and welcome customer feedback, and the additional pictures and data you provide allows us to update our installation manuals to make it even easier for future builders.

This revision adds some information on the parking brake installation, as well as some additional pictures for different parking brake actuator cable routings and part numbers that customers have been utilizing for the cable actuator assembly.

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF...l%20Manual.pdf

We also updated our Firewall forward hose package install manual to Rev 3 dated 7-14-18. We have added several additional hose configurations to include a backup pad mounted B and C alternator for the RV-14A and an upright B and C oil filter for the RV-14A.

Here is a link to the updated manual

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF...RV-14%20FF.pdf

Please clear out your browser cache or the new options/updated PDF files may not show as available on our website.

http://aircraftspecialty.com/rvproducts.html

We also updated our rigid tube video section of the website. For those of you who purchased our RV-14 cabin fuel package, the 11:30 mark of the Rigid tube video shows how those tubes are now being fabricated.

http://aircraftspecialty.com/howwemake.html

Thanks again to all the builders that have contacted us requesting custom hoses for different configurations on their aircraft. This has helped us to create a massive database which is growly daily of many different hose configurations that are custom to the plane and options that YOU want.

Steve and Tom

Last edited by Aircraft Specialty : 07-14-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Links
Old 07-26-2018, 05:46 PM

Default Perfect fit RV14-A

Steve,
I just installed the fuel lines I purchased from you on my RV14-A, perfect fit. I spent 3 hours completing all of Section 31 (Fuel System). The fuel line brackets from Van's took half of that time. Your pre-bent lines fit perfect. I am not sure how much time you saved me but I know those fuel line bends are complex on those short tubes. Your machines for bending those tubes are setup perfect. You and other parts suppliers have made my quick build experience enjoyable! Thanks
GTR 200 and 20, 245 audio, GTX 45R and more.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmrv7a View Post
Steve,
I just installed the fuel lines I purchased from you on my RV14-A, perfect fit. I spent 3 hours completing all of Section 31 (Fuel System). The fuel line brackets from Van's took half of that time. Your pre-bent lines fit perfect. I am not sure how much time you saved me but I know those fuel line bends are complex on those short tubes. Your machines for bending those tubes are setup perfect. You and other parts suppliers have made my quick build experience enjoyable! Thanks
I am glad that you liked the installation. We have really enjoyed working on rigid tube development for several of the RV models.

I see that this is your first post on VAF. Welcome!!! And thank you for your comments. It's posts like this that make us really enjoy what we do. We love innovating new things and helping builders in a small way toward their first flights.

Thanks again and we hope to once again earn your business when you are ready for your firewall forward hoses.

Take care,
Steve

Last edited by Aircraft Specialty : 07-26-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:44 PM

We have now updated the website to include a few more Rigid tube options for the RV-14. These include the wing vent lines which are set up for either the stock installation, or the JDAir Vents. We also have the sniffle valves that are located firewall forward and those come both pre-bent and also beaded with a Milspec beading tool.

Happy building and thank you to everyone who has helped us develop these new products by doing fit tests for us and providing product feedback.

Last edited by Aircraft Specialty : 10-21-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:33 PM

Default Excellent quality

Steve,
Thanks for all your help! Iím extremely satisfied with my RV14 brake and fuel lines. You and your products are truely an asset to the RV community!
Joe Hesano
Old 10-21-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechsix View Post
...rationale for using fittings as a passthrough ...
I'm with you. I used bulkhead fittings to pass all lines through the firewall on my Lancair, and I'm really sorry I did it that way. Same with the hydraulic lines to my gear. The installation looks nice but the problem is tightening the B-nuts on either side - and you WILL have to tighten them after your first 20 hours. To keep the entire bulkhead fitting from rotating, you have to put a backup wrench on the nut holding the bulkhead fitting to the firewall. Not only does that job require two people, but the sound insulation on the inside of my firewall covers part of the bulkhead fitting and has to be dug out to gain access for the backup wrench. I really didn't think through my decision when I decided to do it that way. My brake lines, however, are one piece (Nyla-Seal) from master cylinders to the brakes so there are no intermediate fittings that need tightening. Live and learn...
Old 11-19-2018, 10:24 PM

To add to our growing list of configurations for the RV14/14A, we now have the Beringer gear leg hose kits available for both the Nosewheel and Tailwheel aircraft.

We are currently working through a variety of different cabin line configurations with several beta testers. This will help us to finalize locations for PB and ALIR valves to "Standardize" the install for those who are looking for a complete "drop in" package.

On that note, we also have worked out a specific package with Beringer that is for AS Flightlines customers (Aircraft Specialty and TS Flightlines). This package allows us to sell all the Beringer components direct to our customers without any of the "do it yourself" Beringer hoses and fittings. Those are all credited out and then we can substitute our pre built and pressure tested assemblies.

If you would like to utilize our lines, Tom or I are able to sell you ALL the Beringer components you will need as well as all the hoses pre built.

We will release more information in the coming months as we continue to finalize various configurations of these packages.

Steve