What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Demo ride ?

I am in the process of deciding my next plane. I owned a Pponked 182A for several years. I have flown Bonanzas, Mooneys, and Pipers. My mission looks like 400 to 600 mile trips, and I almost always file IFR. Load will likely be full fuel tanks, 250 lbs includes me and cargo. I am thinking RV7 or RV9. Nosewheel airplanes, I have very little tail dragger time and dont want to go there. I am handy with tools, do a lot of my own work , and the RV seems a good fit.
But.....I have never flown an RV. This Saturday I will be at my house in Kentucky which is close to KY8, Hawesville Ky. 40 miles east of KOWB Owensboro Ky, and about 80 miles southwest of Louisville.
I would like a demo ride with a responsible pilot and well maintained airplane. I would be happy to cover whatever expense was necessary. I am wiling to travel.
My number is 936-258-4984. Email is [email protected]
And if I were you, I?d want to know who I was flying with. Go to www.siskguns.com and that?s me.
Thanks
Charlie

I am in the process of deciding my next plane. I owned a Pponked 182A for several years. I have flown Bonanzas, Mooneys, and Pipers. My mission looks like 400 to 600 mile trips, and I almost always file IFR. Load will likely be full fuel tanks, 250 lbs includes me and cargo. I am thinking RV7 or RV9. Nosewheel airplanes, I have very little tail dragger time and dont want to go there. I am handy with tools, do a lot of my own work , and the RV seems a good fit.
But.....I have never flown an RV. This Saturday I will be at my house in Kentucky which is close to KY8, Hawesville Ky. 40 miles east of KOWB Owensboro Ky, and about 80 miles southwest of Louisville.
I would like a demo ride with a responsible pilot and well maintained airplane. I would be happy to cover whatever expense was necessary. I am wiling to travel.
My number is 936-258-4984. Email is [email protected]
And if I were you, I?d want to know who I was flying with. Go to www.siskguns.com and that?s me.
Thanks
Charlie

Happy to trade a ride for a riffle. Lol. Im not sure they would fit to well without taking out out the passenger seat or putting in a shelf behind the rear bulkhead.

Jon

Oh I'm sure they break down, maybe even come with a carry case like my Browning Cynergy, which stores nicely across the back wall of my 7A in it's padded case.

Scroll
They do breakdown. I plan to remove the right seat as 99% of the time its just me. In my 182, I removed the right and all of the rear seats. Made a lot of room, but mainly to reduce weight.(not much)
Charlie

Welcome! Have you looked at the 14A? I am still building my 7A but from your mission is seems like the 14 may be a slightly better fit. A little more stable than the 7, and a little faster than the 9 with more useful load than both.

I think the kicker would be the advances made in the kits and reduced construction time.

No matter which way you go, you just can't go wrong with an RV, this community being one of the best reasons to build one.

Dreed
I should have stated I plan to buy a plane already built. I?d love to build, but right now just dont have the time. Too many irons in the fire.
Charlie

Back