What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans RV-7A Ride/Questions

base698

There are a few good RV7A's for sale, it always seems like they have around 400 hours on them when they come to market. Have some questions:

What's the highest time RV7A in the wild?

Anyone around SMO that could take me for a ride? I haven't flown in one since I've gotten my private, also curious about baggage storage.

How do you convince your pilot wife an RV is just like a certificated plane only better?

Cheers

Last edited:
How do you convince your pilot wife an experimental is just like a certificated plane only better?

Cheers

Not all experimentals ---- but RVs for sure.

Dont even try, find a woman who flies an RV, and have your wife talk to her.

Base698, it sounds like it's time to pay Paul and Victoria Rosales a visit up in Rosamond. IIRC their 6A (dimensionally VERY similar to a 7A) has over 4000 hours on it, many more than many certificated airplanes of the same age (first flight in 2000). I can't think of better ambassadors for RV's than Rosie and Tuppergal in your area.

What to tell your wife?

Tell her you'll give up weekend golf just to go flying with her to far away destinations of her choice -- something you've always wanted to do. No need to even mention "experimental."

Base698, it sounds like it's time to pay Paul and Victoria Rosales a visit up in Rosamond. IIRC their 6A (dimensionally VERY similar to a 7A) has over 4000 hours on it, many more than many certificated airplanes of the same age (first flight in 2000). I can't think of better ambassadors for RV's than Rosie and Tuppergal in your area.

Sent them a message!

Thanks for the recommendation.

While you are up in Rosemond, get Rosie or Victoria to introduce you to Mercedes/Cougar --------RV 6 and 7 owner/pilot

While you are up in Rosemond, get Rosie or Victoria to introduce you to Mercedes/Cougar --------RV 6 and 7 owner/pilot

Cougar sold the RV-6A she purchased and is NOW flying a Very Beautiful RV-7A she built and owns. I got to see it close up last week and it is an Extremely nice example of the RV-7A model.

I successfully PM'd Rosie, but can't find the others mentioned. Doesn't someone want to talk airplanes this rainy weekend :)

Come up to SBA

My 7A will be at Santa Barbara this Wednesday through next Thursday. The first GA plane my wife ever went up in was an old Cherokee 180. She said she did not feel safe in that plane. She LOVES our -7A. She would be happy to talk to your wife and tell her side of the story.

Send me a PM if yo want to come up. We are flying out in the morning, **** weather permitting. Will be back Wednesday.

Good morning to my RV "Family of Friends"!!! I've been out-of-pocket most of the week, spending time with a longtime friend who is cooped-up in Baylor University Medical Center (Downtown Dallas); my friend is now on the mend :)

Dave & Alina Buono (RV-7A) 'took me in for the week'.... after I called them at 10pm on the day of my arrival looking for a place to stay... my California watch said 8pm when I called them with no-notice..... THANK YOU BOTH for taking me at after arriving at 11pm!!!!! Another fine example of the RV Family at work!!!!

Before my Saturday commercial flight home, I had the chance to meet up with several RVers at McKinney Airport on Saturday morning for their 1st Pancake breakfast that was a great success. I got to visit with several RVers including Sid Mayeux, Mel & Ann Asberry, Dick Flunker and Michael Stevens :D

I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to arrange a flight for both of you, and will check with my hangarmate Ted Dopler to work bringing TWO RVs to pick you up. Let's work the details, and I sure don't see getting your wife on board with traveling in an RV after visiting with Tuppergal and an RV flight!!!! :)

Keep poundin' them rivets because it's ALL WORTH IT! Rosie

PS: Have your wife check out our travel website at http://www.PaulRosales.com to read about traveling in an RV.

Last edited:
Back