What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TS Flightlines hoses

gossend

Well Known Member
I just sent two hoses to Tom Swearingen at TS Flightlines. I asked him to shorten them, replacing the fittings on one end. These were Aeroquip teflon-lined AN-8 hoses with integrated firesleeve. Not cheap hoses - especially the fittings.
I was AOG, so I offered to pay extra to get them done quickly. He repaired them as soon as he received them and I was back in the air in a couple days!
Further, there was no charge! No wonder he has such an excellent reputation among homebuilders!
I've dealt with TS Flightlines for years, and come away pleased every time. Great company, run by a great guy!
Thanks, Tom

Tom is as good as it gets in this group. He traveled to Synergy Air South in Newnan, GA from his home base in Eastern South Carolina to work with me on my RV-10 fuel lines.

I'm using full SDS for ignition and fuel injection, along with a Newton V9 fuel valve - which has outlets on the rear versus the side of the Andair valve. We had some complications with the required banjo fittings, but Tom came up with a creative solution that solved the problems.

He made up the lines over a weekend and shipped them to me on the following Monday. Who else would do that for a customer?

Most of the 10 or so airplanes being built by various builders at SAS are using lines made by him and his business partner Steve at AS Flightlines. Top quality products and over the top customer service.

Same here, tom cut two hoses for me and placed ends back on them; no charge. Great guy and great service too.

The Best

Tom is not only a great guys, his work is hands down the best. On top of all that he has a big heart and always willing to go the extra mile.

TS Flightline

I'm working with Tom now on a fuel boost pump system replacement in a RV-8. I have been absolutely blown away by his willingness to help. He has sent photos, suggestions and explanations. He has come up with a beautiful solution that, when combined with Don Rivera's (AFP) new pump, make this swap out about as painless as possible. He'll have my business as long as I own airplanes!

Adding my appreciation for Tom Swearingen at TS Flightlines, Tom has supplied my firewall forward fuel and pressure sensor hoses and the quality and service is outstanding. With the Aussie Dollar at about 70 cents plus the cost of shipping being pretty much the cost of an extra hose makes it very expensive my end but what price peace of mind... Thanks Tom.

Thanks all--

But I do want to give credit where credit is due. Alot of the kit hoses are being built in our production shop in Milwaukee. When Steve at Aircraft Specialty and I merged some divisions into AS FLIGHTLINES a few years ago, we wanted to set up a production shop to build hose and rigid tube assemblies. One of the reasons was to redirect some of our efforts to developing new kits, as well as new types of hose configurations. But we also wanted to produce the best hose assemblies for experimental aircraft on the market today.

The group that builds these are aviation mechanics and technicians, with an IA on staff. They have the components and the equipment to produce very high quality assemblies, whether its hoses or CNC bent rigid tubes. Now---I still build some assemblies---some custom or very unusual ones, but actually most are now build by the production crew. Some of you have recieved hoses built by them, and have commented on the appearance and accuracy of the hoses. Steve and I went to alot of effort and expense to set this up to benefit you, the builder. Because of that, we are able to develop some new items, like our new integral silicone firesleeved hose, and our new truebore convoluted teflon hose for large diameter and inverted oil applications. Both new versions of these hoses underwent alot of testing, both on the bench and flight testing before we started building them for customers.

Each hose is assembled using a CNC hose crimp press with some custom dies to match our crimp collars (as well as a very well known aerospace hose provider), pressure tested on a HydroStatic test bench, and now with a laser etched data tag.

Most of what I do now is to concieve and prototype new hose and tube components, like the mentioned integral firesleeved hose and the convoluted teflon assemblies. WE also developed -2 hose ends for teflon hose, for those of you that have -2 oil pressure and primer hoses. For our European clients, we are working on metric stainless hose ends for teflon hose to be used with Rotax European spec and other applications.

For more details, please visit www.asflightlines.com for our joint venture website. As always, we are available by email and phone most of the time.

Tom and Steve.

Steve is great also. I worked with him on the fuel lines from the selector to tanks on my 7. Outstanding service as well.

Thank you all for the kind words. As Tom mentioned, there have been some very exciting developments at AS Flightlines over the past 2 years. We have made substantial time and financial commitments to set up a dedicated manufacturing facility with the right people as well as high tech CNC equipment. This ensures that, as the business grows, we will always be able to continue to provide the level of personalized service and the quality that aircraft builders worldwide deserve.

Tom and I have a laser sharp focus on what we view as most important..... Our fellow builders. We both have a passion for experimental aviation. It is a true privilege to get to be a small part of first flights on a nearly daily basis. We enjoy talking with customers all day long and finding the right solutions to make your aircraft exactly the way you would like them to be. Your collective feedback has been invaluable in driving the direction of past, current and future product development.

There is always a lot going on behind the scenes and Tom and I talk multiple times daily. We both appreciate everyone we have worked with over the past 10 years, and we are very excited about continuing this trajectory into the future.

Steve and Tom

These guys service level deserves one more accolade. In my career managing and operating everything from turboprops to Gulfstreams and in my personal aircraft, ranging from Cessnas to Bonanzas to RVs, these guys, as a supplier, are the most pleasant, professional and helpful that I've ever encountered.

Unbeatable customer service

I want to add to all the above ... TOM has been incredibly patient and understanding to get the best possible hoses for my application.... RV4 convert to fuel injection and full Raven inverted oil system . Goes without saying that I will recommend him to all my friends and send him the balance if my inverted system hoses to be made.Good old fashioned customer service and attention. MANY THANKS. STEW HANSEN

Tom is always great to work with and always wants the best solution. Can't say enough good things about him. He'll soon have some very nice hose kits out for popular airframes fitted with SDS EFI.

Back