What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior - colors and styles

bhassel

Well Known Member
I'm stalled at the moment waiting on the dual screen option so I'm finishing up little stuff I was leaving until later. Later has come! One of the things I'm wrestling with is interior styles and colors.

I'm not a big fan of the pleated 50's style hotrod interiors (even though they look cool on hotrods!). I've been spoiled by German car interiors and would like to have a design that closer matches my Porsche or BMW.

I'd love to see what colors and styles others are using in their 12. Can you post pictures of your panels/carpet/seats, etc?

Thanks,

Bob

You get to use what the kit provides

Wayne

Not so......you can upgrade to leather and choose from a large selection of colors and stitch patterns (mix colors anyway you want them); also, different types of seat foams. Floor rugs come in different colors too.

Yeah there are style options, color options, I'd just like to see what others have tried and are using.

Thanks,

Bob

Yeah there are style options, color options, I'd just like to see what others have tried and are using.

Thanks,

Bob

If you call Abby at Flightline she will send you a package of samples that was very helpful to me. I do think the comfor foam is a good option unless you are really tall in the torso and need the seat to canopy room.

I have the samples package..just wanting to see some installed interiors and design ideas on current RV-12s.

Thanks,

Bob

I have the samples package..just wanting to see some installed interiors and design ideas on current RV-12s.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

I picked dark brown leather w/cream color center section (a lot of dark brown in the cockpit area)....it might prove to be hot in warmer bright sun. I should have taken this into consideration.....we'll see how it works when flying:rolleyes:

Ric, what are you considering your center section? I am going to go with leather seats and panels this time, possible the brown that is shown on their web site. There are some really sharp options available. What do you know about the upgrade foam?

No pics out there?

i-pk3Dc2P-L.jpg

Here's mine, to break the ice. Seen before. Maybe someone else will post pichers :p:
CTT_3985-L.jpg

Customized RV12 Interior

Abby at Flightline is very happy to do RV12 interior customization. I recommend the stick boots, center console velcro pocket, and headset hanger straps. She worked with me to come up with these custom touches to the standard interior to go with my paint scheme. I also recommend the FIRM under-bottom-cushion sub-cushion.

You do not "have to" have contrasting seat centers, for example.

Pics:
IMG_7558.JPG

IMG_7560.JPG

Ric, what are you considering your center section? I am going to go with leather seats and panels this time, possible the brown that is shown on their web site. There are some really sharp options available. What do you know about the upgrade foam?

The center section color is a medium parchment shade.....I went with their "standard" foam package (I heard through the grape vine @ Van's) that most of he guys flying preferred, and thought more it was more comfortable. I'm also tall thru the torso...so need all the head room I can get.

Center section like Tony's.....

When you refer to the "center section", what are you referring to?

Center of seat and back cushions....also, armrests....the rest is dark brown with a coco brown carpet. Embroidery is shaded similar to medium parchment.

Back