What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy door lock update

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
The project is still alive and well. We have the specialty machines security screws in hand. Also our lathe is setup and we will be starting to machine some parts with it in the near future.

Like everything we do, we are making sure we are completely ready and tested before we release a product to ensure there are no issues.

Right now we are swamped with a bunch of product releases we have been working on.

Take care and feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions.

Steve

We have not made any more progress on this. We have been incredibly busy filling orders and also have been working on lots of the hose packages as well as some other behind the scenes projects.

The status remains that we have a prototype handle at the moment. We need to finish the lathe parts of the process. The lathe is currently about 90% setup but hasn't run yet.

We are also taking it slowly as we are trying to make sure that it will adapt to a few different RV aircraft without modification.

If anyone has any more specific questions, please email me at [email protected].

I am going to say that we are planning a release some time this winter.

Have a great week
Steve

I just wanted to post a long overdue update on the canopy lock for the RV-12.

We have a final prototype that is currently flying on an RV-12 for testing purposes. So far, feedback has been good.

It will still be awhile as we finalize the manufacturing process and a few other small details, but this will be a complete solution that is very easy to either retrofit or install on a new aircraft.

Steve

Any Photos?

Steve,

Any chance of you posting a photo or two of the RV-12 canopy lock prototype?

Looking forward to seeing the Aircraft Specialty solution.

Steve,

Any chance of you posting a photo or two of the RV-12 canopy lock prototype?

Looking forward to seeing the Aircraft Specialty solution.

We are holding off until we are about ready for release. I can tell you that it replaces the stock handle and has an integrated lock . It will be engraved with labeling and be powdercoated for a finished appearance.

Take care
Steve

Patience! I have dealt with Steve and he will produce a quality, well thought product. He is a very honorable man.

Back