What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

We jumped on board too

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
Well, it looks like Todd and Myra and I are all in the same boat. We fell in love with the 14 at SnF when it was introduced and were just waiting for a completed plane to come up for sale. That hasn't happened yet, as we all know, so we too bought a partially built kit (#64) to finish out for our 4th RV to own. We found a kit that had the wings, empennage and tailcone already constructed and decided we wanted to go ahead and finish her out to our specs. We will purchase the fuselage kit at SnF this year. We figure that all of the rest of the components should be ready to build within a year or so. In the meantime, we will continue to fly N100NT until we are ready to bring the new baby home. We are going to be assisted in the construction by Nathan and Chris of Two Bums Aviation in Sebastion, FL. They have helped put together over 20 RV's and are going to be invaluable to us. Anyone interested in a really well made RV6A, get in touch with me in about a year.LOL Check out the plane in Van's 2011 calendar. We are the December playmate.

Congratulations

Welcome back and congratulations. Love your job. Must be fun.
Sorry, just noticed the typo.

Last edited:
Very cool! Good to know the few kits that aren't being actively built are being bought by those of us chomping at the bit. This year at sun n fun will be my first time paying a lot of attention to Vans. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck with your build, we will have to keep each other going.

I'm going to take a guess and say you bought the empanage and wings from Tony in Sebastian. I looked at them in December but couldn't get pull the trigger at the time. It was a wonderful visit and we had the opportunity to visit with Nathan from Two Bums. He was a great help in understanding the build and what they had already done on the kit. The quality of the build was pretty incredible and we will be taking a class or two from him prior to starting our empanage kit for our 14. Good Luck

Thanks for the well wishes K. We have ordered the fuselage and finishing kits and will be probably going to order the engine and prop after Oshkosh. I think it will go pretty quick. Hoping to get her up in the air within a year.

RV14 lookaround

I have to go to Port St Lucie in the morning and would like to stop and see your 14 on the way home to Orlando. Time unknown. How hard to find on the field at Sebastian are y'all?

We met at Sun n Fun and talked for a while when you were clambering in and out of 216VA.

Thanks for the well wishes K. We have ordered the fuselage and finishing kits and will be probably going to order the engine and prop after Oshkosh. I think it will go pretty quick. Hoping to get her up in the air within a year.

Terrel,
Go to the northwest corner of the airport to the two bums hangar and talk to Nathan or Chris. They have the completed kits in the hangar and are just waiting for the next phases. Their hangar is west of the jump school.

Back