What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 FWF and Interior Kits

rv8pilotpaul

I wonder when/if Van's will release a Firewall Forward kit for the 14. I just got the finishing kit and the only thing forward of the firewall is the engine mount!

AND, what about seats, carpets, sidewalls etc!

Firewall Forward

I wonder when/if Van's will release a Firewall Forward kit for the 14. I just got the finishing kit and the only thing forward of the firewall is the engine mount!

And no pictures? For all of us dying to see the kit, you must post pictures. They no longer supply seats or seatbelts (from what I have heard), since everyone replaces them and I am pretty sure, no carpet or sidewalls. Maybe Ken can make us some up since he seems to be really good at that and sell them.

How long after the order did you receive it? Lots of parts?

No cowl?

No cowl or spinner in the Finish Kit?

Finish kit mostly follows the tradition for the other RV's with the exception of the spinner.
It will be marked for blade cutouts, etc., like the RV-12, for easy installation, so it was rolled into the FWF kit like it is for the RV-12.

Doesn't sound like this kit will take long to go thru and then another waiting period for the next kit unless one wants to purchase the items individually as mentioned in another post.

FWF

Finish kit mostly follows the tradition for the other RV's with the exception of the spinner.
It will be marked for blade cutouts, etc., like the RV-12, for easy installation, so it was rolled into the FWF kit like it is for the RV-12.

Hey Scott,

For those of us not familiar with what normally comes in a particular kit, can you let us know what we should expect in the FWF kit? What part of the kit has the landing light brackets, wire harnesses, etc.? Your communication and input is extremely appreciated, especially for those of us not familiar with previous models. Thanks.

The finish kit will not take long to install. It's mostly just assembly of more parts. Hmmm.... sounds like the rest of the airplane. The most involved project is the fiberglass layup around the canopy front. This has always been a big bugaboo for me as I have no talent or patience with the stuff. Scott has produced videos particular to this task and are on our website. The plans will tell you when is the best time to watch them. I'd say do it now. Watch them a couple of times. I did and am fairly pleased with the outcome. Not a McDainels Masterpiece as I have seen many times, but not bad if I do say so myself.

Back